Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hello all, and welcome to this week’s post!!!

This week has seen some interesting sights. Susan’s English 1 classes are starting to rehearse their karaoke songs for their finals, which is always entertaining. I have been awakened early in the morning by a flock of green parrots. Last night, around midnight, the dogs were all set off barking by a monkey’s call. He would call; let the dogs get all riled up, then when they would all settle down, he would call again. I tell you, it is like living in a jungle here! J

Projects are proceeding. The library garden is waiting for a fountain now. We are looking to see if the Diocese of Coroico might have something that we can use. The library project overall is moving forward. Paint is being requested, chair rails have been removed and holes patched. Tables are being shortened to match the rest of the furniture heights. It is all very exciting. Since putting in the garden, I was very happy to see that students have started watering the plants, giving them ownership. It is a nice thing to see happen.
Delaney is finishing up her school work. She has been having a hard time due to the Internet being out so often, or so slow that she can’t actually do anything. Luckily she has some GREAT teachers that are sending her stuff to accomplish off-line.

With less than 6 weeks left of our time here, it is amazing how fast this year has gone by, how many blessings we have witnessed, and how many people have touched our hearts. The students always remind you that you have touched their lives, which is a great pick-me-up when I am tired or hurting. They create in you a desire to help them achieve what they want in life. The students are starting to see a trend in my special projects. I created the hanging gardens/safety buffer, (which unfortunately has to be repaired). I created the library garden, which has seen an increase of students sitting in the comfy chairs reading around the quiet space. And the first project that I proposed is a fountain utilizing the satellite dishes that are no longer in use for the different levels. I am afraid that I will have to leave a detailed description for someone else to make it with. In short, I have become the garden architect! Hopefully, I can use some of these skills and ideas to make our space at home nicer in turn!

I want to take this time to wish every mother out there a very Happy Mother's Day. We should celebrate our mothers everyday, but, alas, we must have some time to fish! So Happy Mother's Day from well South of the border!

I will end for now, although I understand Delaney is also making a post, so make sure and read that. Know that each and every one of you is in our thoughts and prayers. Yes, even you. (You know who you are!) Take some time to slow down, listen, and be what God is calling you to be.

La paz,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment